The number of people using cannabis is increasing, and it’s all for a good reason. And when getting high, every cannabis user has a unique experience. However, as a regular cannabis user, there are times when you can get bored with your everyday cannabis routine.
Anyone can experience boredom. Doing the same thing repeatedly can grow monotonous, regardless of how enjoyable the activity may initially be. But you don’t have to increase your dosage when experiencing this situation with weed.
It would be best to look for ways to enjoy cannabis despite developing tolerance. You can still have a better experience when you do it right. To help with that, here’s how you can elevate your cannabis experience.
Eat Foods That Enhance the Cannabis Experience
If you’re looking for a natural way of improving your cannabis experience after using edibles in the form of gummies, then food is the answer for you. Food helps in enhancing the intensity and longevity of the cannabis effect. Here are foods that can amplify your cannabis experience:
- Mangos: As a fruit, mangos are rich in terpene, known as myrcene. Myrcene is said to offer various benefits and is well known for its relaxing, euphoric, and positive effects. Combining this terpene with tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) can help heighten your cannabis experience by giving you an intense high.
- Eggs and Nuts: Both eggs and nuts are rich in omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids have been shown to bind with cannabinoid receptors. Hence, they make it easy for cannabinoids, including THC and cannabidiol (CBD), to move faster through the body. Combining cannabis with eggs and nuts guarantees a long experience.
- Chocolate: If you love snacking and getting high, it would be better to combine chocolate with cannabis for an elevated experience. Chocolate increases the cannabis effect significantly thanks to an endocannabinoid called anandamide. Anandamide is also produced naturally by the body and is often referred to as a bliss molecule as it binds with cannabinoid receptors present in the body. This molecule stimulates a sense of happiness and joy.
- Sweet Potato: Unlike most root tubers, sweet potatoes are rich in vitamins B and E. Additionally, sweet potatoes trigger the production of serotonin, a feel-good chemical in the body. Also, vitamin B6 in sweet potatoes helps regulate emotions, making this root tuber an excellent food for enhancing your cannabis experience.
- Broccoli: This vegetable is rich in a terpene called beta-caryophyllene, which has been reported to enhance the effect of cannabis. Like cannabinoids, terpene works with endocannabinoid system receptors in the brain, providing an array of impacts.
You may include these foods in your diet to enhance your cannabis experience.
RELATED: 5 Fall Foods That Go Great With Marijuana
Drink Beverages That Enhance the Cannabis Experience
In addition to food, beverages help increase the cannabis experience. Most of these drinks are widely consumed. Here are some beverages that can enhance your cannabis experience:
- Tea: Both green tea and black tea are rich in catechins. Catechins are a type of compound with sedating and relaxing effects. Drinking tea before consuming cannabis can give you a balanced experience, as catechins will help counteract paranoia or anxiety among cannabis enthusiasts.
- Coffee: There are various relations between cannabis and coffee, with one study showing that more than a hundred metabolites are associated with coffee intake. With this in mind, you can now understand why coffee helps enhance cannabis effects.
- Beer: Although it’s good to be cautious when drinking, combining beer and cannabis will enhance the euphoric effects. This is due to the high concentration of myrcene, a type of terpene found in beer. Therefore, consuming beer along with cannabis will elevate your cannabis experience.
These are a few examples of beverages that go well with cannabis and increase its effects.
RELATED: Mixing Marijuana: How Cannabis Interacts With Melatonin, Caffeine, And Alcohol
Try Different Cannabis Products
This is the easiest way to enhance your cannabis experience, especially if you’ve been using the same product for a while. Adding a new variety of cannabis products to your collection can make your experience unique and more fun. Also, it can help you find a new product you’ll love.
Changing your method of consumption will help enhance your cannabis experience. If you’ve been smoking cannabis and not getting the exact experience you’ve been wanting to get, you should consider changing it.
RELATED: How To Be Mindful When Smoking Weed (And Why It’s Important)
Aside from smoking, you can try edibles. Edibles interact with the body in a completely different way. The liver processes the edibles, so it’ll take time for the effect to kick in. When THC is broken down in the body, it’s converted into a metabolite. In this form, THC will offer a long-lasting and intense effect.
Bongs are also effective in enhancing the cannabis experience. Unlike smoking, bongs help conserve weed and are packed with harder hits giving you a fantastic sensation. If you love smoking, bongs are an excellent way to consume cannabis but with a better impact and experience.
Vaporizers are another excellent method of smoking cannabis. There are different vape pens you can choose to suit your needs. Vape panes rich in cannabis are often known as shatter, dabs, or wax. These products are high in THC and offer a great cannabis experience from small puffs.
If you love working out, this is an exciting way to enhance your cannabis experience. Most cannabis enthusiasts love using cannabis before or after exercising. Most users say that it aids in improving the workout experience and their post-workout recovery.
RELATED: How To Keep Your Lungs Healthy And Happy As A Marijuana Toker
If you’re wondering how cannabis can enhance your workout, it helps in giving you greater enjoyment and motivation during exercise. However, when doing it for the first time, it’s best to be mindful and not use too much, especially before working out.
Cannabis is more than a drug; it’s an experience. Nowadays, people have become accustomed to the digital experience and want more. The same can be said when consuming cannabis. However, cannabis tolerance can happen to any enthusiast. You wake up one day, and your cannabis stops working.
In addition to its health benefits, cannabis enthusiasts love enhancing their experience. Fortunately, by combining some food and drinks before using your cannabis, you can consume your cannabis more enjoyably. Cannabis will meet and exceed your expectations when you follow this guide on elevating your cannabis experience.
This article originally appeared on Cannabis.net and has been reposted with permission.